Our Two Year Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Stupid Me?!?

I love my psychology class, the teacher rocks. I don’t feel so unintelligent there. I guess I put most of the negative thoughts in my head that really slow me down. I just don’t see what every one else perceives. The only thing I can give my self that is “smart” is that I don’t want to be stupid. Sure that could be seen as intelligent, but I just don’t feel it, or see it, or even know how to recognize it.
I could say that being lazy makes a person stupid, if you don’t want to make the effort to improve your mind. But then for some people it is difficult to gain knowledge, to remember. What makes a person smarter? Someone who learns fast, or someone who learns slowly, yet takes the time to learn?
I want to be smart, I want to know matters and topics and subjects, and think at a higher level. I want to know how to ask really good questions. So what much I do?
Now, I can whine about it or I can do something. I think do.

1 comment:

Thomas J. Brown said...

Over the years, I've had a lot people tell me that I'm smart. Sometimes I feel smart, but I often look at people smarter than me and wish that I could be more knowledgeable, more talented, and have a wider range of skills.

Even (and especially) among academic circles, there is a lot of competition to be the smartest.

I think the point is that we all yearn to be better in some way, and it's likely that there are other people who are always going to be better than us in those ways. That shouldn't preclude us from trying, however, because in trying we will reach a certain level of success, and in success can come happiness.