Our Two Year Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, September 24, 2006

The Big Water

The night was dark and raining. It had been raining all day and all night. I was due into work at 1235 and because I love my job so much I was set on getting there. I knew if I could just make it to the freeway I would be off free. The alley way was completely under water, as was 6th street, the street in front of my building, the water covered all the sidewalk. I was just 8 blocks to the freeway.
Because it was so dark, I didn’t see how deep the water was till it was to late. I landed in four feet of water, that totally flooded my car and made it float. You have to keep a good speed while driving in water deeper than 6 inches, or you will lose momentum. I then hydro-planed into the deeper parts. Thanks to the Taco-Bell staff they helped me sail my car to the sidewalk and use the phone (as I don’t have a cell phone). Those people came out into 4 feet of water to help me, I have to say that’s really remarkable.
I was almost to the freeway when this happened, I had 2 blocks to go. Alex walked all the way to come get me (as we only have one car) so he could get me home safe. Our car is totaled, luckily for us, our insurance covered this.
Maybe Mother Nature was trying to tell me something, who knows, we have to get a new car now. Thank the Gods college is free, or I would be spending my college fund on a new car.

No comments: